Sunday, October 31, 2010

Looking back!

So glad I started this blog when I did. Things in the garden are starting to slow down. It is getting cooler, we've had several sprinkley days. Things are growing slower with the shorter days. And it is hard sometime to realize all that has gone on in the garden since late July! Reading back in the blog it helps me appreciate all the work I put in on those hot days; all the compost turning and planting, turning all that dirt, hauling trash barrels full of prunings, and all those crazy 4 o'clock tubers!!

Speaking of those 4 o'clocks....I still am hoeing that flowerbed every other day keeping those guys from growing and taking the bed back! They grow so fast! you can almost see them rising from the dirt like something from the dead!!!.. (A little Halloween drama!)

I am still turning the compost every other day. The latest batches are almost done. I am waiting for the wysteria leaves to turn and drop. I will use them in the last compost batch of the year.

The deadheading has stopped. It is hard for me to wait to see it anything will be reseeded...and if there are some new plants, will I recognize them and not hoe them out?? And what is in store? Will the few winter frosts (if any) kill my little babies??!! Will the snail come out from wherever they are and eat everything?? Worry, Worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment