Sunday, December 23, 2012

A New Year and New Resolutions!

Got back from our big 40 day trip across country in July, 2012 so a lot of catch up has had to be done.  We had been putting off several house repairs so:  the house was termite tented, painted, the broken roof tiles were repaired and two very big trees were removed and others trimmed.  The yards have a different look now and garden planning will be beginning right after Christmas.

Santa has brought gift certificates to our favorite garden nursery, Annie's Annuals.  That means a trip for plants will be planned for the spring!  I will have to look up when their spring sale is!!!

Meanwhile, I am adding my sewing projects to this blog as well as the garden projects.  I have been a docent at Ardenwood Historic Farm for over 20 years now.  I used to make up a new outfit every year but have not been able to the last few years.  So, this year I decided to get with it and do some sewing as my winter projects.  I have just found "The Dreamstress.com", a historical sewing website and have joined the challenge of sewing a new project every 2 weeks during 2013.  Hope I can keep up!

Ardenwood's time period is from 1890's to 1910ish.  I just traced 3 new "old" patterns to make.  So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment