Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Challenge #3

Challenge #3: Under it all - Due Feb. 11
"Every great historical outfit starts with the right undergarments, and, just in time for St. Valentines day, here's your excuse to make them.  Chemises, corsets, corded petticoats, drawers, garters, stockings.....if it goes under your garments, it qualifies."

OK, as soon as I finish the back closing and the belt on the Victorian blouse I will be starting my corset cover.  Just as the chemise is to protect the corset from body oils, etc. the corset cover protects the outer upper outside garments from the corset and body.  My corset cover was cut out at the same time I cut out the chemise, so it is ready for sewing!

Of course, if you have really been paying attention you will remember the lace on the sleeve cuffs of the Victorian blouse is still waiting to be tacked down.  It will just have to wait for Challenge #4 Embellish!

Now to get those hooks and eyes and the belt to the blouse done so by the time it warms up outside today I can get to the GARDEN!  It is supposed to get up into the mid 60s!  Yay!

_________
The back closing and belt are done!  Don't mention hooks and eyes to me, I HATE THEM!  All that is left on the blouse is the lace on the sleeves......a good thing to do while watching TV.

Meanwhile, the left side flower bed is almost completely weeded.  Supposed to be 66 degrees F tomorrow!!  I have a meeting in the morning and walking in the afternoon, then plan to plant my little baby plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment