Saturday, January 12, 2019

Lingerie Show!

Today, just before I left the Patterson House to go home, I decided to open one more box.  This box had several outfits on top, but I went straight for the bottom....and look what I found!

A bra?!
Cup size 0,   Ribbons for straps.  And no elastic, but heavier fabric in the back.

And next.....
                       A corset!


A pretty little thing! figuring a couple of inches at the laces, it was made for a 21 or 22" waist.
It is in very good shape and had certainly been used.

The label

The corset was made from 2 1/4 " ribbon.
 And then, of course,
The corset cover, in excellent condition.
The hoop petticoat comes next!



It comes in 2 sections that are hooked together.  Some of the twill is in bad shape so will have to conserve it a bit to show enough how it looks when fully opened.






















1 comment:

  1. Wow what a little treasure trove. Who would think about saving your bra for the future. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete