Sunday, December 9, 2018

Velvet Green Bodice

This is another of my favorites!  A beautiful green velvet bodice with silver buttons.  It is in perfect condition except 3 stains of yellow near the waist. But it will go on display in 2019!  It will have to be after the wedding dresses which I am hoping for a May 2019 display, so maybe this piece will go on display in September 2019.  It is so nice to have such a piece in great condition!

The Front

The Back

The stains

The cording around the bottom hem has a little spot where it has come loose.

And for those like me that like to see the "rest of the story"!

This wasn't the optimum time for trying to do any textiles.  We were in the process of moving lots of books and what not to a new storage space.  There was not much room left to work. When this piece is on a dress form, I will have to remember to take new pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Ooo so pretty! I wonder if the skirt was velvet too.

    ReplyDelete