Sunday, December 30, 2012

Callenge #0 - 1903 Chemise

I've finished Challenge #0!
Challenge #0 was a bonus challenge and was due 31 December New Zealand Time!
Finish a project, make a very simple garment or something you have made before.


Edwardian Chemise
It is like a long slip and is the first thing you put on.  Well, maybe after the drawers....but I haven't made them yet.....
I decided the yoke needed a bit of detail so I outlined the lace flowers with pink embroidery thread.
After hand sewing all the picot ribbon I REALLY admire those that are creating HAND SEWN period garments!  Thank heavens sewing machines were invented in my era, 1890-1910.

The next challenge:  #1 Bi/Tri/Quadri/Quin/Sex/Septi/Octo/Nona/Centennial.

 Sew something from ___13, whether it be 1913, 1613, or 13BC
Due Jan 14, 2013

1 comment: