Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Plaid Bustle Dress

This project was a lot of fun.  A plaid fabric, first of all.  I really don't know how to match plaids the "correct" way.  And it was a new bodice pattern and skirt also.  They are both Truly Victorian patterns:

I changed the bodice back a bit.  I shortened the tail, left off the collar and made the sleeves 3-quarter length.

As always with a new pattern, it has to be traced.

One problem I had was getting the swag folds to lay right.  It took me a whole day to finally figure out what was wrong.

A bit of planning where pleats, etc. would go.

I decided to make the bodice before adding all the trim on the skirt.

 And then I added the frou frou.

I still have the waist fastenings and closing to finish, then I'm done.  Too bad I didn't have it for the Scottish Day at Ardenwood a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment