Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas, Everyone!


Christmas Eve!   And I think back to some of the most memorable ones.... Trying to go to sleep but so excited! 
The year of monsoon rains when a bunch of areas were flooding.  Daddy was in the garage making doll beds, Mother was sewing doll clothes.  I kept redoing the tinsle so it was looking just right.

The year my Dad and I took blankets, loads of food and a case of oranges to a hut in a field where a Mexican family were staying when their car broke down and couldn't get back to Mexico at the end of the season.  I swear it was like visiting the Holy Family in the stable.  It was very special to be able to give in a situation like that.

Then there was the Christmas Eve that I stayed home to watch over my siblings while parents went to Midnight Mass.  The Hungarian Revolution was going on as I watched on TV.  Very moving, people fighting against bad government, willing to give up their lives for freedom.

The year my now-husband and I went up to Mt. Hamilton to play in the snow.  Skating on a iced pond and falling into his arms.  Very romantic, just like in a book.

And the Eve that my now-husband proposed. That was a wonderful Christmas Eve. 

Our first Christmas, when my husband and I set off on Christmas Eve to find a tree.  We ended up with a Charlie Brown tree and we made our ornaments.

The Christmas Eve that we spent putting a big train set together while watching "The Birds" with a storm outside.  Kind of freaked us out, the scene in the house with all the birds!  We had a hard time sleeping and it wasn't because of Santa...

Heading up to Holy Names College for Midnight Mass with my daughters, shaking jingle bells as we passed their friends houses, hoping they would think it was raindeers!

All the Christmas Eves' looking forward to the grandkids opening their presents!

Anyhow, looking forward to Christmas Day, again!




1 comment: