Monday, December 24, 2018

The boxes came!

I ordered a bunch of acid free boxes for the Patterson House.  They were supposed to come on 12/26, but they came today!

I was at a standstill with the archive because as I was opening the boxes I found that some of the boxes had to many items in most of them. There were no more boxes available so I ordered more, but it takes several weeks to get them to me.  In the mean time, I used the tops and bottoms so doubled the number but non of them had lids.  Now we can solve that problem!

The house is closed though for Christmas and New Years. 

At the start of the new year I will be opening more boxes, The ones listed as "wedding dresses".  They haven't been seen since they were boxed up over 10 years ago.  I then plan on taking all kinds of measurements so I can pad out dress forms to display them, at least the ones in good enough shape to show.  The caterer at Ardenwood Farm will be presenting a wedding show in the spring and I am hoping to show our wedding dresses as addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment