Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year!!

Wishing you all a very happy 2019.  The new year looks like it is going to be a very busy one for me.

 I am hoping I will be finishing the textile archive by the end of March.  Meanwhile, I hope to put a display together of the wedding dresses that belong to the Patterson House.  Hopefully it will be up around the first of May.  There may be a trip to Spain in the latter part of Spain and a few days in Arizona in July-August.  Then it will be time to take down the wedding dresses.

Somewhere in there I would like to start a reproduction of the dress we have archived, the 1900s lt pink/mauve dress.  The hardest thing about making an reproduction is finding the fabric....which usually you can't because they don't make that fabric anymore.  So far these are possibilities:



This would be for the netting on the bodice.  It look very close to the original


And for the light pink, a dupioni silk.  




I probably won't be using any of these but there will be a hunt at the fabric stores.

So, a lot to look forward too!  

Today I dropped off 6 of the boxes at the Patterson House.  I had put the acid-free boxes together which was easy but takes room and time.  I added a couple of handle pulls from tape to each one because otherwise it is hard to open the box.  I have 3 more to take over to the house.  5 of the 9 are the extra long boxes, 40 inches.  Hopefully that will save folding some of the garments.

I will have more for you after Jan 3rd when I plan to add archive tags and box the dresses that are temporarily in box lids, waiting for their new boxes.


1 comment: