Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Starting the Bodice!





This is the bodice I am going to attempt to make a close reproduction of....close because it would be impossible for me to get the exact fabrics, there is no pattern, and it is very fragile so I don't want to explore the construction too much.  In fact, I try to handle it to the bare minimum. 

The lining is a very thin cotton fabric, the netting is a tiny bit less weight than what I will be working with, and the lace is not available to me, it will be really different.  But hopefully it will look similar.

 The fabric for the lining is a sheer "lawn". 





This is the netting I will be using.  it is a cream color.

The bodice netting has lots of tucks!

So this is as far as I got the other day. 

Then as I lay in bed that night I realized that lining was WAY to white.  So yesterday, when I got up I took out all the basting stitches holding the netting to the lining, separated the two fabrics and dumped the lining into a coffee bath!  I had dyed the lace on the skirt with coffee already.

Next post I will show you how it changed the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment