Friday, October 15, 2010

The Retainer Blocks




Yesterday I bought 15 blocks for the side flowerbed, figuring that is about all my little car could hold at one time. They are 28 lbs each. I was trying to keep the bender board to hold back the dirt from falling where the blocks go, but at the same time I am moving it back about 3-4 inches so there will be more room for the blocks. A couple of the plants were planted pretty close to the bender board and I don't want to move them.

Using the wagon I have unloaded all but 3 blocks. I put the first 6 in place, trying to keep them each at the right height. Rather difficult when working around all the baby plants. The muscles aren't hurting much but tonight and tomorrow morning I have grandkid track tournaments to attend and hills to climb so don't want to be aching for that. So... think I will be leaving the rest of the block laying for tomorrow afternoon. It is cooling off today too, so by tomorrow it should be nice weather for hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment