Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Travel Day!

I am off to the airport to go up to Port Townsend, Washington to help my sister and brother-in-law pack for their move to Tuscon, AZ.

Even normally it takes a bit to get up there.  20 minutes to Oakland airport, air travel to Seattle, shuttle to the ferry, ferry across the Puget Sound (wonderful ride) to Bainbridge Island.  Then they will meet me and 90 min trip up to their place in Port Townsend.  This time it will be a little bit more of an adventure.  Yesterday BART, Bay Area Rapit Transit, is on strike.  I wasn't planning to take BART to the airport, which is a very good system, because my dear hubby wants to see me off personally.  But, since all the people that use BART to get to work will now be finding a way on the roads.....the question is:  HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I ALLOW TO GET TO THE AIRPORT??  and then add in the "4th of July everybody else is flying"factor.....HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I ALLOW TO GET THROUGH SECURITY??  So I'm listening to the radio this morning to get a sense of how it will go tomorrow morning.


This will be a bittersweet trip.  I will probably be saying goodby to Port Townsend, since my sister won't live there any longer.  I do love the place and the people and will miss them.

It will be hard on them moving from their home; both the move itself and leaving friends.  (Although their good friend will have a guest room for them whenever they want to visit!)  How perfect, when it gets too hot in Tucson, it will be perfect weather in Port Townsend!

I will be back in a 10 days and should have lots of pics!  But in the meantime, I have some more cups and saucers that will post while I am gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment