Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting close to starting the organza finish!

Yesterday I tacked down all the lace and attached the skirts to the bodice.

And today, wonder of wonders!  It is going to Rain!! And, it is supposed to really give us a GOOD rainfall this time.  A few days ago it rained, but our ground is so dry there certainly weren't any puddles in the dirt.  My succulents have their little branches folded, praying for moisture.

I am planning to head for "Lucy", our RV to do some serious hemming and listening to the rain on the roof.  I know it sounds crazy but I love the sound of rain.  Although, I am talking California rain, not East Coast rain.  Those people back there are real troopers for living with all their wild weather.  Californians have been asked to cut back on our power usage so those back East will have more on the power grid.  We are doing that, willingly.  We saw just a smidge of what they go through on our Slice of America 2 trip a couple of summers ago.

Anyhow, I have it all planned out.  I will be finishing the waistband and closure with overcasting the lining this afternoon.  Then I plan to put in the hem for the underskirt.  Then I will deal with what I am going to do about the organza that covers the bodice/top part of skirt area.  And then, I will be sewing on that beading that I made ahead for along the edges.

Once I get to working on todays project I will take a picture and post  what it looks like so far.

THEN!  I have to get together with my daughter and get all her measurements to start on her dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment