Monday, February 10, 2014

Sore fingers!

I spent most of the day doing hand sewing on the 1912 dress.  I finished the last half of the under skirt hem and finished tacking on all the beading on the organza overlay (except the sleeves).  I also worked on the closing, putting the last of the hooks and eyes on.


Left to do:

Under the closing needs a bit of work.  There is a bit of wrinkle there so the seam needs to be redone.

The sleeves on the overlay need to be done (cut and beading added).  The overlay gathering need to be adjusted.

I have to come up with something to attach the overlay where the fronts meet.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the progress.

In the meantime, my dear hubby thinks maybe he will join at the Downton Abbey Ball.  It will be the first for both of us at a Greater Bay Area Costume Guild event.  And Jen and Robert are coming too.

So, since I never even pay attention to the details of what the guys wear at Downton Abbey I have to spend some time looking into this topic.  So far this is what I found.

We are going to have to go find out what his measurements are to start out with.




















No comments:

Post a Comment