Saturday, March 1, 2014

Back to the drawing board

The "Turkish Pants" idea did not work on this dress because the pants did not show through the opening of the chiffon, just the space between the legs.....duh, so the kids say!

So, I'm making that layer a skirt.


And I am going to fit the new "bodice" material (in place of the velvet).

Jen is coming down Monday so we can do another fitting.... we were having so much fun planning our upcoming adventure with Cathy that we really didn't get down to brass tacks, so to speak, on the fitting.

One thing I am learning on this project is that it is quite different sewing for someone else than for yourself.....especially not from a pattern!  I don't think I do enough fittings when sewing for myself, but now I am thinking I do more than I remember.

My daughter is taller than me so I need to change the height setting on my "Betsy".  for now she is on a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment