Friday, March 7, 2014

Hand sewing on bodice is done!!

My fingers need a break.  A lot of yesterday afternoon and this morning was spent in hand sewing on the bodice.  That is because I made up this dress and didn't use a pattern.  Patterns allow for more machine sewing, whereas making it up as you go gets you in more tight spaces.

So now, I am done as far as I can go with the bodice without another fitting......Hopefully it will fit perfectly!  It will be sad if I have to undo and go with more alterations!  But anyhow, I am going to start working on the outer layer of the skirt.

In the meantime, something I have never seen before till this week.....

Just outside our front porch we keep having leaves and dirt dumped.  Not a ton, but every day.



It is obvious the wind didn't blow them there.  

Then yesterday I spotted the culprits.  2 crows!  They stand in our roof gutters and kick and dump out leaves.  They must be finding bugs up there.  They are a rather shy couple when it comes to photos.  When I tried to take a picture of them they flew above me squawking.  After they settled on the neighbors antenna I clicked their picture.


I don't suppose they want to clean up after themselves.







vvv

No comments:

Post a Comment