Tuesday, March 4, 2014


I finished the hemming of layer 2/Chiffon and then tackled the bodice.

The sleeves are a raglan type sleeve.  I had originally lined them with organza but as I worked with the bodice lining and the sleeve I figured the sleeves were going to be too heavy and possibly pull down the shoulders of the bodice.  So, I took out the organza lining and I think that problem is solved.  

The green fabric doesn't have a soft enough hand for me to actually get the look I wanted.  Instead it kind of gives a kimono look, which is ok too.

 Anyhow, I have the first draft pinned on Betsy:

The front

The back
And then I just had to pin a bit more on before calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment