Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm baaaack!

It has been a while since I have posted...and I have a lot to post.

I have been busy.  After the "Gone with the Wind" picnic and all the "push" to get everything done in time, I guess I just needed a break.  Then in the meantime, my computer when South, if you know what I mean.  Now, I have a new computer, with a new photo program, so I am trying to learn how to use it all.  

So.....Ardenwood has opened its 2015 season and we are off and running!  We have the exhibit on the Panama American Exhibition on display still till mid June.  Clara Patterson attended the Exhibition and we have a few of her mementos and photos.  She loved the Orient.  She bought the Japanese Commissioners Residence at the Exhibition and had it moved to Ardenwood for her residence since her son had inherited the big house and it must have been getting crowded with babies coming.



She hired the famous architect, Julia Morgan, to fix it up as a permanent structure since it was built as temporary for the Exhibition.  It sat back in Deer Park where her pet deer resided.  Just before it was finished and ready for her to move in, Clara passed away.

On Pearl Harbor Day, the Japanese Commissioner's house went up in flames.  We suspect the news of the day may have had something to do with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment