Friday, August 27, 2010

All done planting!

Here is a before picture of a part of the baby tears area.



And after planting:








We have had the rocks there for years but the stepping stones are new. The statue is of Kwan Yang, a buddist goddess that is like "Mother Earth". She looks peaceful and her hands symbolize to me heaven and earth in harmony. Actually it is supposed to be a blessing for fearlessness or courage in my language. I needed a focal point in this garden and she was in my price range, and besides I like her!

I left the garden umbrella up to help the plants transplant without shock from the sun hitting them.

This area is planted pretty close together but if it grows too much I will transplant some or prune heavier. Now I can't wait until spring to see how they all mature!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - but like my little statues she will be covered over by the plants.

    ReplyDelete