Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Garden Room

Last May, my daughter, Jen, took me to a wonderful garden nursery called Annie's Annuals as part of her Mother's Day gift to me. That place is like heaven to a gardener.

I must say, I have been neglecting my garden for several years in a quest to put lots of time into my painting. I have several other projects including being in charge of my 96 year old aunt's well being so I haven't had much time left to actually start garden projects. My gardening has been consisting of just keeping up with the weeds and general care.

BUT now I am INSPIRED!!!

So I am planning on documenting my renewal of my garden beds and how things are turning out as I go. Also, I plan on keeping a record of plants that I have and those that I add to my garden over time.

First of all, my yard, aka "My Garden Room" is located in the San Francisco Bay Area on the east end of the Dumbarton Bridge. I will be adding more information on zones, etc. as I go. If you would like to follow the progress join me as a "follower" and we will see where it leads us! My first goal is to redo one flowerbed before spring 2010 and it will look beautiful by June!

So off to take some pictures so we will have some "Before" photos to see how well I accomplish my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment