Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Inhabitants of the Garden



Joeseph, our dog with a coat of many colors

I'm annoyed with him this morning because while I was working on the brick path behind the flowerbeds he decided to lay down in the back flowerbed...of all the back yard, he decides that is the spot! Fortunately, he managed not to squash anything....he would not have made his 13th birthday if he had (just kidding). I hadn't thrown away some of the metal garden fences we had to protect the plants from Talley, our old bassett hound that is now in the garden in the sky. I am going to have to put them around the back flowerbed to protect my little baby plants, darn. I like to see them without the fences: ( But better than having them smashed and destroyed.


Hausey
Hausey lives in my little garden room behind the greenhouse. Hausey loves to eat snails.


Cupid
Cupid lives in my little garden room also. He was my aunt's so there is a bit of my Aunt Edna in my little garden. He is very quiet and never flies away. He has lost his bow so it is up to individuals to find their own love now.


The Honey Bees
The Honey Bees live on the right of the back flowerbed and the olive tree. They are very busy right now, and they better be! This summer has been so cool it is called "The summer that never was". The bees better stock up, winter is coming and who knows what it is going to be like. Don't you just love the little "Birdhouse" hive! The bees had swarmed someone's yard and decided to take over their birdhouse. George, my sweet son-in-law, was given the task of removing the bees from the yard. So, he took house and all and made an addition on the back and now they reside in MY back yard. I love them. I am hoping they will appreciate all the new flowers that should be appearing in the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment