Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OK, So Much for Moderation!!!



It is soooo hot the bees had to send part of the hive out to sunbath while the rest waved their wings to cool off the brood.

Dang! We went from winter to hot summer in one fell swoop for 2 days, and now we find after another hot day coming we will plunge back into the "Big Chill"! All I ask is some moderation!!!

I am about 1/2 the way through spading up the baby tear area. But before I go any further I need to bury a drainage pipe from the drain spout at the alcove to take the rainwater to the side of the yard to drain toward the front yard. We had a flexable plastic tube laying along the ground to take care of it before but the baby tears would grow over it and flatten it. So this time we will do it right.

I turned my compost early this morning and it is almost done....steaming away. Hopefully the heat will kill all the weed seeds. I plan on using it for a top coat of the back flower bed and the baby tear area.....don't feel like planting weed seeds.

Then...I went to Reagan's Nursery!!! Oh, my gosh! They had lots of wonderful plants from Annie's Annuals! Some of them were on my Annie's wish list. Well, I can rarely get out of Reagan's without laying down $100 and I did a good job today, $130. But, it made me sooooo happy!!! Wonderful plants, now I just have to wait until Thursday for the weather to cool down so my new babies won't fry the minute I plant them. So I am checking and checking my planting plan......just can't wait till they are all grown and it will be so beautiful!!!

My Anterrhinum 'Double Azalea Apricot' Snapdragons in the back flower bed are blooming and look so lovely with Lion's Tail. What a gift of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment