Saturday, August 14, 2010

Update on the Renewal of My Gardens

Since my last post my new plants have been growing and there is still some new blooming going on.

In back of the chicken coop we had been using the chicken run for a compost pile which wasn't doing its composting. I decided to get it moving so have been adding green manure and water. It is on the move now!

There was some composted stuff at the bottom of chicken run so I have been moving it to the Olive Area and digging it in.I pulled out almost all of the tangle of African daisies at the front of the olive area and I am still working on this area.

In the meantime, the path was getting so overgrown by the Agapanthus growing along the planter box that I just had to do something about it. This morning I cut it all back. Now the path is twice as wide as it was. Much easier to use.

Below is the "before" picture......before I pulled out all the African Daisies under the Olive Tree and before I trimmed all the Agapanthus on the path. Tomorrow I will post the "after" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment