Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dirt and Rocks!!!!

I dug a hole to house the pump for my pondless waterfall. Thank heavens it wasn't rocky in that area.

Then I realized what I really already knew...The pond just had to be moved to a more prominent spot. So, I dug a hole for the new location for the pond. I was thankful it is a small pond and not real deep. It was a little harder to dig out because it was where the old nectarine tree had been so there were quite of few roots to cut.
Great, I got the pond level and everything works

Then I did a first take on the waterfall. I know it is going to take several tries before I am happy with the laying of the rocks for the waterfall. This try showed me that I am going to have to be creative with rock. For all the rock I have, it is not quite enough. I had to use most of the middle size rocks around the pump area. I have quite a bit of the next size down and then there is the pea-gravel size.
The two big ones in the front certainly need to be moved. I am going to try some flat sandstone for the actual waterfall area. Hope it looks ok with all the rounded sand stone rocks.

I have to take a couple of days off though....the body needs to recover from moving all the rocks yesterday! I feel every bit the senior citizen this morning! The house needs cleaning and then as I take breaks to rest the aches and pains I will be researching plants for my pond area. We are headed to Annie's Annuals Oct 2nd. I'm saving my allowance!!

1 comment: