Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Take 2


Ok, take 2. Saturday, I lowered the waterfall, redid the rocks (putting the biggest on the sides), and added some flagstone (because I ran out of original round sandstone rocks). The color of the 2 kinds of rock are similar so surprisingly it doesn't look bad. The flagstone adds interesting water flow. I added some more medium size rocks. There is still more flagstone to add and also medium and small rocks before being done. I am worried a bit about how to hide the actual waterfall reservoir. I am thinking I can put some flagstone around it, we will see.


Haven't been able to work on the project since then so tomorrow will get something done.

I have also been looking into what kind of plants to put at the back the the water features. Reagan's Nursery had a sale of 30% off on water plants last weekend...I wonder if it still on, may check on it tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, hiding the waterfall is the hardest part. You could dig a hole about 4 inches deep to put the waterfall in. It would bring it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know me, I am currently into ferns, they will hide it will also. Think Beverly Beach Campground. Ok, those leaver were toooo large but boy was it lush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those leaves! But they were in a bog back in there and I can't do that. But I did end up getting some plants for back there that will grow and cover a lot. It is too sunny for ferns, I did look into it. After the other plants grow I will put ferns under them.

    Isis, I just found enough flat stones to lay flat (more natural). They pretty much cover the waterfall so now I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete