Thursday, September 16, 2010

Laying the Patio in the Little Garden Room

The other day I laid the blocks for the planter box on the back side of the greenhouse and filled it with compost.

All the compost of weeds and branches that had been in the hole from the old pond was removed. I finished filling the hole with dirt from the garden. I had to remove big rocks that had formed a path next to the pond. Then I filled those holes in and leveled the whole thing.

Then I moved the bricks from the patio on the other end to form the new patio area.

I am not finished with the patio but need to go on to next steps so all will fit together. This photo shows the new planter box and patio. Some of the rocks are sitting back there at the edge of the patio.

This is the same area from the opposite direction. In the background is where I took the bricks from.
From that far end today I laid out where the new path will go.

Another view of the area I took the bricks from. See, more rocks! You can see my "little girl", the statue near the chair. She is part of a fountain at my tiny pond. I went to home depot to see if they had a spillway for a waterfall to try to improve how she is sitting in the pond.....unfortunately they didn't have any that would work .......BUT, they had this "pondless waterfall kit in this dilapidated, torn box for $30. A real bargain so, I bought it after checking if everything was there. Couldn't resist. I love water in the garden. Now to figure out how to put it in so it looks ok. Those blocks in the shade of the closed umbrella are my props to figure out how and where I am going to locate it. And what am I going to do with those rocks. They are sandstone with "bubble holes" in them, mostly roundish and not very distinguished.
After I get this all in, then the plant selection begins. This area gets partial sun and is usually pretty hot.







No comments:

Post a Comment