Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Started the Hooks and Eyes

Today I tacked the lining to the outside around the armholes and started the hooks and eyes for the front closing. There is going to be a lot of them and I hate doing them!


After the hooks, I have to make the decision on the bodice hem so I can cut the bones to the correct lengths and put them in the casings.

Did you notice how I solved the button problem for now.....the hooks and eyes.  I have to make that decision on how to finish the center front too.

Notice how I have a tendency to solve these problems at the last possible moment.  I bet those wonderfully talented costumers that whip out those miraculous gowns have it all planned at the beginning with drawings and every thing.  Today, thinking about it,  I figure it is rather silly to do it as I do.  But for the life of me, I would not be able to move forward if I tried to figure out all the problems at the drawing stage.




No comments:

Post a Comment