Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Fun is Over????

OK, true confessions... I sure did have a lot of fun the last few weeks but, time to get serious and hit the restart button.  I went up 4 lbs of darn hard weight to get off, so consider the restart button hit!!

On the Burgundy Dress project:  I put the lining with the velvet.  I pinned the front of the skirt on "Dolly" and worked hard to get the drape to work.  I didn't add an interlining and  I may have to go back and do that.  Velvet is fairly heavy and gravity weights it down.  Having the drape from the side to not quite the side (because of the insert) really makes a difference too.

I had planned on using the brocade for the contrasting material but since the velvet color changed I decided on the satin instead.

The insert has been added and the skirt back is now gathered and attached to the skirt front.  Now before going any further I have to add the beading to the insert so I can sew on the waist band.

You know what that means.....I have to finish about 8 inches of beading first.

So that is what I am doing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment