Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Getting close!!

Life has been hectic and I have just not been in the mood for posting.....but things are not standing still.

Both dresses for the Downton Abbey Ball are finished....even after I did some alterations last week while pet sitting for my daughter.  (I decided the bodices were just too big, so I tore the side seams out and took both dresses in.)

Also while up there I finished the beading on the lace of my dress.  Very subtle but it gives the lace texture now.


I also recovered 2 purses for the Ball.
This is the purse I am going to use.  I bought the frame at an antique store in Port Townsend, WA on a visit to my sister a few years ago.




I left the purse my daughter is going to use at her house, to no picture.

Friday, we are picking up the rented tux coat.  Then I am going to have to get Dear Hubby dressed up in his finery to make sure every thing works.



No comments:

Post a Comment