Friday, February 20, 2015

"Re-group and Re-do"

The pattern I used for my 1860s dress was really rather weird.  First of all it called for 17.5 yards of fabric.  There was so much fabric in the ruffles they weighed themselves down instead of being fluffy.

After days of thinking about what to do with the skirt, (even though the fabric is very light, I was going to have to use suspenders to hold it up!) I decided to take off all the ruffles, take out some of the fabric in them and re-install.  But, after taking them off I have decided to just leave them off.  It is like a breath of fresh air!

Photos tomorrow with the new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment