Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Presidents Day Tea at the Camron-Stanford House in Oakland, CA

What a wonderful day we had at the Camron-Stanford House Tea today!  We had a wonderful warm day, about 80 degrees! . . . Sorry, all you people back East!  By the way, you want to get rid of all that snow and have no where to put it?.....Just dump it into train cars and send it to California, we have lots of reservoirs just waiting for a bunch of water!


First we had a little lecture on how the wife of President Hayes visited the house for a formal reception during President Hayes visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.  Something I learned was that Lucy Hayes was as popular as Jackie Kennedy in the 1960!

Then there was a demonstration of "how to get dressed in 1980".  Been there, done that!  But I never get tired watching someone else doing it!

I always have a hard time taking pictures at these events.  In this case, I was just enjoying myself too much to think of the camera.  Besides, my photo skills are so lousy.  But, for what it is worth, here are the few I took.










A little Steampunk look!

And our surprise guest of honor, Oakland's new mayor, in costume no less!


No comments:

Post a Comment