Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Corset Project

I've been getting that itch for  a sewing project.  Maybe it is the weather, overcast and a little drizzely in the mornings.  It kinda give a hint that eventually the rains will come.....and rainy days = sewing days.

So I decided to make a couple of new corsets, one Victorian and another Edwardian.  I have that yummy lace to use as decoration.  AND, it dawned on me, the material I bought last spring to cover a parasol and then I didn't like it for that project....well, it would work great for the outside fabric on a corset.  I just happened to have all these triangles for the parasol pieces and I had just enough to cut out for the corset.

I've been working on it piecemeal and I have gotten to the place where I need the busk and stays.  So.....I ordered some new ones so now I have to wait for UPS to deliver them.

No comments:

Post a Comment