Saturday, September 21, 2013

Starting on a new sewing project!

I have been avoiding the fancy dresses of the 1870s and 1880s because they really are pretty far, time-wise from the era that Ardenwood portrays.  But just for my information I have been researching them a bit.

And then I did it.  It was actually that darn striped taffeta that did it....I am going to tackle a bustle dress!

First I have to get the right silhouette so I need a bustle petticoat.  That is the new project.


LOTS OF GATHERING INVOLVED!

We haven't had rain since January so "red in the morning, sailors take warning" sounds great to me!  In fact I slept in Lucy (the motorhome) last night so I would hear the raindrop on the roof..... I love it.  No such luck, the rain hasn't gotten to us yet,  just the sunrise.  What a nice sewing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment