Saturday, February 2, 2013

Getting Ready for Next Project

I know, I know, I haven't finished the Corset Cover yet.  It still needs its buttons and buttonholes... well, I have to build up courage for the buttonholes.  So we are just going to wait a few days for that.

 In the meantime, today I washed and ironed the fabrics I plan on using soon.
White embroidered, appliqued cotton






















I plan on using this for a blouse and I have enough maybe to make an Edwardian skirt out of it too.

Oyster Striped Muslin

















I am going to use this striped Muslin for Challenge #6 which is to make something striped.

Kaufman Cambridge Cotton Lawn - Ivory
 And this lawn will be used for the lining since the muslin is pretty transparent.
Embroidered Eyelet Cotton
 And then there is this embroidered Eyelet I've had for a long time.  Enough for a blouse or to be used in combination with the embroidered appliqued fabric.

This one I didn't wash.  I'm going to be dry cleaning it.  It is so beautiful and soft.
Navy Cassimere lightweight wool

The picture doesn't do it justice at all.  First of all the color is dark navy blue.  It is lightweight wool, something I have never worked with at all.  Wool just seems like it belongs in a place that is cold......I know, that is wrong, but I've only had wool coats so.....  And I always worried about the cleaning situation, which actually I still worry about.  Just dry cleaning should take away that concern.  I did cut out a 4"x4" square and wash it in warm water with a tiny bit of soap and rinsed in cool water.  It didn't seem to shrink at all.

When I read of Victorian fashions they use wool all the time.


This is the pattern I'm going to use for it!  I need a new skirt badly so I'm thinking this might be next!




















This is the blouse pattern that I will be trying next.  It is supposed to be from a vintage pattern but redone and modernized.  At least it has more detailed instructions that the last one!!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - bummed I didn't check them out when I was at your house last week.

    ReplyDelete