Saturday, February 9, 2013

Photos and Buttonholes

Daughter #1 let me know I need to add more photos.  So...good, bad or ugly, I will try to add more.

 Buttonholes -  they are in my future. 

The Appliqued Blouse was cut out yesterday.


 I decided to do short sleeves and since the fabric comes appliqued it wouldn't be necessary to add a whole bunch of inset lace, etc.  This is such an easy pattern.  5 pieces and easi-peisy!  A beginner sewer could do it!  And it looks good in the end too!

Putting it together.









The casing at the waist is for a drawstring to gather the blouse.









The blouse done except the buttonholes....and lace around the bottom of the sleeves for Challenge #4:  Embellishment


The neck and front....The collar looks crooked but it isn't really.  It rises up to points on each side at the side backs. 
 You can see the points on the collar from this view of the back.

I had to remove some of the appliques that landed in the seam areas.  It wasn't hard to do but a bit time consuming.

Tomorrow I will do those buttonholes and explain why I don't like to do them.  I also will be sending off my photo of finished Challenge 3:  Under it all.  It will get a little more embellishment for Challenge 4 also.

1 comment:

  1. So, I guess that makes me Daughter #2 Oh good, I like even numbers :)

    Love the pic of Missy!

    ReplyDelete