Friday, February 1, 2013

The Corset Cover Progress

"Dolly" has the chemise on (and you can see its straight neckline), and then the corset (patterned fabric) and then the brand new, almost finished, corset cover.  

This corset cover is so easy to make.  I had it cut out already and today it is done EXCEPT all the fru fru, buttons and button holes.

Button holes are scary.  They can turn out great or...not.   And these should be hand done....they may end up hand done, or not.

All the fru fru (lace and decoration) can be done during the next challenge "Embellishment".

-----
Today I was able to plant some of the new baby plants and did a bit more weeding.  It got up to 69 degrees.

 I'm getting a little anxious about starting on my new skirt!





3 comments:

  1. Fabulous weather! I did some cleaning up in the back garden today. I always feel like a hair stylist when I cut back the tall grasses. I also pruned and dead headed my Mexican Sage bushes. What a difference a new hair cut is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask you to get that beautiful pink cotton candy grass. OK, that does it! I have to get up to Annies this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink Muhly Grass
    http://www.anniesannuals.com/plt_lst/lists/general/lst.gen.asp?prodid=3195

    ReplyDelete