Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Great Great Great Grandma's Quilt

When my Aunt (will be 99 in June 2013) was born her Great Great Grandma made a quilt for her.  Grandma was very old and had problems with her eyes, probably had cataracts.  She still did such tiny little stiches, very even in size, it amazes me.  My Aunt gave me the quilt and I have a note attached to it documenting its history.

 Grandma was a pioneer.  She had left Pennsylvania and Ohio to travel to Iowa in a covered wagon.

 The quilt is made of cotton print fabrics.  It was made in 1914.
The backing is a blue cotton fabric.  It is all hand sewn.  Can you see her tiny stitches?

I unpacked her quilt so my daughter can use the design so she can make her first quilt.  And it came out beautifully.  Isn't that so cool.
















b

No comments:

Post a Comment