Friday, March 1, 2013

Busy Day and Overview

Yesterday was a very busy day driving around and taking care of all kinds of stuff that needed to be done.

Aunt Edna is getting older and her pressure sore on her foot isn't healing as fast as I think it should.  Every time it looks healed and she starts putting pressure again on her foot the pressure sore starts coming back.  It's a worry.

Gardening - The weather has been really nice and work in the yard is progressing.  I am trying to keep thinking ahead to the first weekend in April......Annies Annuals big spring sale!  I have some gift certificates so I'm good to go.  As I am working in the garden I am trying to figure out where my new plants will be going.  The weeds are growing fast and the chickens are LOVING the pulled weeds.  So I am trying to keep the girls happy.  My dear hubby is bringing home bare root fruit trees.......now to get them planted.  Deadline is Tuesday, rain is forecasted.

Sewing projects - I'm not doing the #5 challenge so I have till March 11 before I start Challenge #6 "stripes".  I have my material already, just need to get trim and figure exactly what I'm going to do.
I am also contemplating that 100 year old skirt pattern.  I've been thinking of just what kind of fabric should be used for that pattern.  I am going to look for photo examples of what a skirt like that was made of.


It looks like rather lightweight material to me, especially the bottom half.  I have a thought of possibly using a piece of silk my Aunt had bought in India 50 years ago that was meant for a sari. It is an off white with woven gold for embellishment.  I hate to see it just never being used and, since it has sentimental attachments for me, I would like to see it go to a special project.  But first I have to see if there is enough of it to be able to use it for this skirt and then I have to find something that would go with the sari material.  That will be a project alone.  And then there is all that trim...



This is the sari fabric.  There is 5 yards of the ivory with the gold medallions then there is the about a foot wide stripe of the gold pattern at the end of the fabric. and when I say gold it is like real gold, very shiny...makes a statement!

3 comments: