Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hat- part 4

Last night I pinned what I think I want to do to embellish my new hat.

I took strips of the shantung fabric I covered the hat with.  I sewed the edges together and turned it inside out leaving the shiny side out.  I added some netting inside the strip to give it more stiffness so I could play with the shape.
I threaded the "ribbon strip" through the belt buckle and put it at the front while weaving the rest of the strip around with some netting.

I decided to add some interest at the back by bringing the "ribbon" down into the edge of the hat top.


Oh, I had added a strip of fancy braid to the side edge of the hat top.

 This netting, I can't remember the name of it, has a little design in it.

So now I have an idea of what I want to do so I will take it all apart.

Next step, add a couple bands to the hat top side to cover all the basting stitches from attaching the brim to the top.

For now I am off to do some painting with friends and the hat will wait until this evening.....I still have something to add to the embellishment!!







No comments:

Post a Comment