Monday, March 11, 2013

Doctor Visit and a Little Something

First of all, the "Little Something" has nothing to do with me.

It takes a lot to get me to the doctor's office.  Lucky for me I am healthy and don't need to go often.  But, back around February 5th I got what I thought was hives or Dermatitis, allergies, or SOMETHING.  I broke out in tiny red pimples, not really in a rash but some were close together.  I though I had pinned it on pins, literally sewing pins.  I suspected wool from making my new skirt, food (tangerines, in particular) Ants, or insect bites and ... the pins.

Well, some of those spots have just not healed the way they should and one area actually got larger and was not getting better.......so, I broke down and went in to the doctor.   (Boy, I'm going to hate when I get old and my daughter thinks she knows when I need to go in....Now she about lives at one or another doctor's office with the kids.)    Anyhow, the doctor knew what it was immediately.  Spider bite reaction!  Well, I had been gardening and there were tons of garden spiders out there.  So now I'm on pills, yogurt, ointment and olive oil.  Now to make sure I remember the every 6 hour treatment schedule.  At least it wasn't allergy to my new wool skirt!

AND NOW!  THE LITTLE SOMETHING!

This was my Grandmother's little coin purse.  I remember her using it when I was about six years old, It had the nice patina then that it has now so she may have gotten it as a young girl.  It is made of leather and it has stamped into the leather:
 FARMER'S BANK
We Appreciate Your Business
Lawton, Iowa

This is when pennies were really worth something!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the hives are treatable. Spiders got you back for taking their home down :)

    Purse is so cool! I need to see all these treasures you have next time I'm down there.

    ReplyDelete