Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cameos!

This set was given by my mother to her mother for Mother's Day sometime before my mother married my dad during World War II.  My mother died when I was three so I don't have any information from her.




I remember seeing these pieces in my grandmother's jewelry box while I would be visiting with her in her bedroom. She had a delightful French accent and I loved her very much.  She took such good care of my dad, me and my mom when my mom was dying of cancer.

When I was in the first grade we move across the country and I only saw her and my grandfather every other year.  Around the time I was in the 8th grade my grandmother gave me the bracelet.  After my grandmother died an aunt saved the necklace and gave it to me later.  Inside the necklace is a photo of my mom, probably put in there by her when she gave her mom the set.

The chain is more modern.  The necklace didn't have a chain when I received it.

No comments:

Post a Comment