Thursday, March 7, 2013

A New Challenge: #6 - Stripes

I love "The Historical Sew Fortnightly" challenges.  So far I have quite a collection of new clothes for the 2013 season at Ardenwood Historical Farm, Fremont, California.   By April I should be fully decked out!

 Yesterday, I started the Challenge #6  Stripes - Due March 25 - "The stripe is one of the oldest patterns, appearing in the earliest textile fragments and visual records of garments, and its never gone out of style since. Celebrate stripes with a striped garment. Will you go for grand baroque stripes, pastel rococo stripes, severe neoclassical stripes, elaborately pleated and bustled Victorian stripes, or something else entirely?"

I am a little hesitant about stripes, they are so OUT THERE.  but I came across this wonderful lightweight muslin.  The stripe is just a change in the weave of the fabric. Very low key, I love it!  



I cut it from this pattern:


It is so much easier this time around because in January when I made my first blouse with this pattern I made a muslin pattern to my size so BINGO! easy peasy!

I am about half the way through, I just might post a photo tomorrow.  Photos just don't turn out when taken in the evening.  I have sleeves, collar, hooks, eyes, some trim and all finishings to do.


















No comments:

Post a Comment