Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Watch

When I first started as a docent at Ardenwood 24 years ago I needed a Victorian/Edwardian watch to let me know when to start a tour, as well as keeping me on track and not running too long on a tour.  I found my watch in a little antique store in Stockton on a little trip to visit our son's family in that area.  It was the cutest little lapel watch, and it worked!


All I know of its history is that it had been owned by a lady in Iowa.  She had passed away and the family sold it to the antique dealer.  I bought it for $65 and I felt privileged to have it.


 I happened to come across a little bow pin with a locket at KMart.  The bow pin was very similar to bow pins that held lapel watches a hundred years ago.  I took off the locket and attached the watch and I was set.

My little watch worked just fine for all these years but last year it was not running all the time.  I plan to get it fixed but found that fixing these old watches that don't work on batteries is becoming a lost art.  I will have to send it away which makes me nervous.  In the meantime I have decided to get another watch.  When it arrives I will show you and then do a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment