Sunday, March 24, 2013

Challenge #6 "Stripes" Finished!

Stripes.....well, I said they were subtle!  But they are there. 


The Facts:
Fabric: oyster striped muslin and lightweight cotton for lining
Pattern:  1899 Blouse with Tucked Front - Vintage Pattern Lending Libary
Year:  1899
Notions: hooks & eyes, cotton thread
How historically accurate is it?  Pretty accurate with possible exception of lace.  It may be synthetic.
Hours to complete?  ~ 6 days
First worn:  In April for Ardenwood 2013 season
Total cost:  $25 for muslin
                   $  7  for lace
                        -   lining fabric from stash

All done with Challenge #6!

 Challenge #7 is "Accessorize - due April 9.  Accessories add polish to your outfits, helping to create the perfect historical look.  This week is all about bringing an outfit together.  Trim a bonnet, paint a fan, crochet an evening bag, sew a shawl, or dye and decorate a pair of shoes to create the perfect period accessory for yourself."

I am going to tackle a hat.  And if I finish it early enough I will redo my little Edwardian purse.  Time is flying and when April hits my schedule really gets busy.  Painting, gardening and Ardenwood are really added to my activities among regular things.

Right now the garden is calling.  I am redoing my garden room since we had the big eucalyptus tree taken down and what was shade is now sun and the space issue has changed.  I took out the pond too so that area has changed.  The brick paths have all been redone so it just has that "new" look instead of nice quiet "lived in" look.  I am going to make a shade arbor to take the place of the tree.  Everything is in the state of flux and unsettling right now.  In 2 weeks we will be going to Annie's Nursery and then there will be tons of stuff to plant.  We have been letting the chickens out to tackle the snails and other bugs, they (the chickens, that is) love it.  They come and hang out near us while we are working out there.

Right now the garden is on the beginning of the yellow and purple period:

I found these blossoms on the lilac bush yesterday.  They say Easter to me.






And the wysteria is just starting up!


Spring is here!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the outfit! Gorgeous!

    Love Love Love your flowers. Can't wait to see the transformation of your Garden Room.

    ReplyDelete