Monday, March 18, 2013

Remember the Stripes? Challenge #6


I am glad started early on the striped blouse!  As we get closer to April life gets very busy.  But I have finished the sleeves and belt/hem.  Several more hook and eyes need to be added at the belt and collar and threads need to be trimmed and that's it!
This challenge is due by March 25 so I've made the deadline.

The next challenge from  http://thedreamstress.com/the-historical-sew-fortnightly/

is "#7 Accessorize - due April 8.  Accessories add polish to your outfits, helping to create the perfect historical look.  This challenge is all about bringing an outfit together.  Trim a bonnet, paint a fan, crochet an evening bag, sew a shawl, or dye and decorate a pair of shoes to create the perfect period accessory for yourself."  I am planning to redo my Edwardian purse.

Perfect timing for this challenge..... I will try to get it done early,  a painting workshop is coming up the first weekend of April and the 2nd weekend is our famous garden outing, a trip to Annie's Annuals!

We are all loaded with gift certificates and the vans will be ready to be loaded with garden treasures!
 But, I do have to get ready for the workshop, and I need to have my list ready for Annie's!
 After that I will be obligated to plant all those treasures!!!  The shopping is so much fun and the garden results are so beautiful......the actual planting is not my favorite thing but I will have to get on it!

Then Ardenwood will be opening for the season.  I will be so thankful I did all this sewing this winter and I will have a new wardrobe to wear.  And, it made winter go by soooo fast!






No comments:

Post a Comment