Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday!

It is glorious today!  Blue skies, no wind, just right temps.

First, I slept in this morning.

Read a bunch on Kindle:  Team of Rivals by Doris Goodwin (while still in bed).

About to make breakfast, I think a French toast with pan-fried pears, yum.  It was a revelation when I found how sweet pears are when then are heated up, even in the mico with just a touch of water!  Better than any syrup.



Then out to the garden to weed a bit and to plant the last of my baby plants still in pots.  I will have to move enough to make up for not doing the treadmill.

Then work on the sleeves of the blouse-in-progress.  Put them in wrong yesterday so had a little session with the seam ripper.

Maybe a walk at Ardenwood to see the new baby lambs.......have to remember the camera to share them with you.



Are these babies the cutest, or what!  They look like little poodles.  They are still a bit wobbly on their feet.












 And then there is this little black baby.,, his mom didn't know what to do with him so they are trying to have another mom adopt him.  He is so skinny and weak but he was just born a couple of days ago.  They've been bottle feeding him.

The fruit trees are blooming...
The chickens are happy running free, scratching here, scratching there.
















Then, I've been thinking about making some bread again ....so maybe today's the day. 

Maybe while I'm waiting for the bread to rise I add some pics to this post!! :-)

****Well, as we all know, life gets in the way........we did our taxes instead of sleeves.  But, they are all done!

And THEN we went out to Ardenwood and I added the pics and now, I think I'll make turkey meatloaf instead of bread and maybe work on the sleeves....
 _______________

The meatloaf is done and delicious....6 weightwatchers points +

And!!!  the bread is rising!  Who knows, maybe I will get to the sleeves??


1 comment: