Friday, March 1, 2013

And Look at this precious gem!

Remember the quilt my Great Great Great Grandmother made for my aunt when she was born!  I posted pictures a few days ago.  Well, as I was looking for the elusive lingerie pin the other day, I came across this....
In a note rolled up inside it my aunt had written that this thimble was my Great Grandmother's first thimble and it was given to her by her mother, my Great Great Grandmother.

I thought it would be very neat if the thimble had been my Great Great Great Grandmother's that she used while making the quilt for my aunt.  I was off a couple of generations though!

Anyhow, I thought I would use this blog to document a few little momentos I have so we have pictures and the stories that go with them.

By the way, the thimble is a size 6. and open on the top.

1 comment:

  1. That is so very neat! Great Aunt Edna - very organized.

    ReplyDelete