Thursday, January 31, 2013

Challenge 3 - starting

Today I actually finished the Victorian blouse!!!!!  I finished the last of tacking the lace down while watching "The Americans" pilot.  (I think it is has too much violence for me.)

Anyhow, we are now on Challenge #3:  Under it all.  I will be doing the A version.  I think the skinny strap version may be annoying if the straps keep slipping down.  I don't plan on adding all the ruffles, my blouse has enough puffyness in it's pigeon puff as it is.  And... I have it cut out already!  I did it when I cut out my blouse pattern.  It feels good to be ahead of the game.

I am getting a little nervous about so many layers of clothing and how heavy it will all be.  I haven't been wearing my corset for a couple of years while doing tours...but I'm upgrading.  And I didn't have a chemise either.  Well, if the Victorians/Edwardians could do it I guess I can too!  Are we wimps? No, we're not!

Layers:
stockings, shoes
chemise
corset
corset cover
petticoats - 2 at least
then the outer garments.





No comments:

Post a Comment