Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fanny, Fan, and Lace

The challenge #2 is due tomorrow.  The challenge was to finish an unfinished project.
The only unfinished projects I had were:
A. corset hip padding
B.  fix my fan
C. upsize my blouse pattern and create a mockup

 The first 2 are quick little projects and the third is, for me, a huge project.

The Corset Hip Padding:

The Fan:
 I found this fan about 25 years ago.  It has beautiful carved sticks, but as you can see, one of them had been broken.  This is what I planned to fix for the challenge.
















The material on the fan was in fairly good shape when I first found it, but it had a bit of wear.  In order to stabilize the fabric so I could use it I covered the fabric with a black sheer material. 


This morning I super glued the broken stick.  I haven't cleaned up the excess glue yet.

It was actually harder to do than I thought it would be because it was hard to manipulate without getting some glue on the other sticks.  I certainly didn't want them to get stuck together.

And the third project is the Blouse I've been working on.  I'm not going to have this one done by tomorrow!

I am working on the trim which has to be done before the back opening can be finished.  I'm about one third donel as of tonight.















No comments:

Post a Comment